Friday, February 10, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

I'd like to say that we had glorious weather all week. I wish I could complain about having to wear sunglasses, that I was getting little indentations on the sides of my nose from wearing them so much of the day. I'd like to announce that I'm sick of the color blue, that the skies had just been throwing their color in my face for days on end and I'm over it. I wish I could post some obnoxious status update on Facebook, something like 'Is it possible to wear a hole in a sand castle bucket? Picked up the kids from school and spent yet ANOTHER afternoon at the beach! Whew!'.

I wish I could say those things, but I heard today that it's supposed to continue to rain for the month of February. It's laugh or cry, right? Hahahahahahahaha (as I slip on my rain jacket, grasp my umbrella, and watch as the plumbers drain my building's flooded garage).

Even though the weather has been less than desirable, this week has in fact been glorious. Remember Alex, who hated his new school? One week ago today, he cried and told me he didn't want to go to school for the rest of the year. On Sunday night as we rode the high from our awesome beach and Sydney weekend, I asked him what his goal was for the upcoming week--he said to not complain on the walk to school. I thought that was great, and added that it would be nice to make a friend as well.

Well, I'm happy to report that not only did Alex meet his goal of not complaining on the walk to (and from) school, he also made a friend. Ahhhh, the clouds are parting.

AND--he was named Student of the Week for his 'enthusiasm and good grammar'.

AND--he got 100% on his spelling test today.

Jackson didn't have a shabby week, either--he earned WOW awards for various achievements, was notified that his 1st place in 50m butterfly earned him a right to compete at the regional swimming carnival against different schools, got 100% on his spelling test...

AND to top it off, he was voted one of two class representatives for Student Representative Council.

It may be raining outside, but somehow I'm only seeing sunshine at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it feels like bright sunshine here now that nana has heard all that good news. So happy that my Alex had gotten through the rough spots! Sounds as if they both will be happy students this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Cooper will be so happy that Alex got a 100% on spelling. Cooper is still a great super speller and constantly says that if Alex were here, he would be one too!!! We miss you guys tons! Glad that the clouds are parting a bit! Will you send your mailing address to me if you get a chance, please? Also, is there a phone number cooper could call and chat with Alex. He's been asking.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete