I am totally psyched to have officially been awarded my very first blog award, given to me by the wonderfully caring, witty, working mom extraordinaire Kami over at The Fence. I think I randomly happened upon her site after reading a comment she left on a post by Dooce, and then I realized I knew her in a roundabout way from high school. Now, I have a confession to make--I am a notorious blog lurker. I know--it's a terrible habit, and I welcome you all to leave nasty comments punishing me for this antisocial behavior. So I lurked for a while, because I saw myself reflected in so many of her words.
Then came one terrible morning last August when I was online reading everything I could on lymphoma, because we had just learned that my only brother had cancer (more about this here) but we weren't sure what kind yet and I wanted to arm myself with as much information as possible. I couldn't eat (unheard of for this gal), I had knots in my stomach and throat, and I was constantly weeping. After doing lots of reading, I concluded that his best-case scenario would be Stage 2 Hodgkin's (at this point, we knew he had tumors in both his neck and his chest). To take an emotional break, I clicked over to Kami's blog to see if there was anything new, and she had written this post. Strange, huh? I commented on her blog for the first time that day, and I'm so glad I did.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Put the logo on your blog or within the post (done)
- Pass the Award onto 12 bloggers (ummmmm...12?? I already said I am a lurker, and am totally the fidgety girl standing against the wall sipping punch at the middle school dance among these wonderful blogging ladies, so there's no way I can come up with other people to pass this along to.
- Link the nominees within your post (done)
- Let your nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog (ummm, again, see above)
- Share the love and link to the person from who you received the award (done)